The recap from the recent Brisbane HUG meetup. We had David O’Connor from HubSpot present on 6 tips to help you use paid social media for better results in 2018. With a great group of people, drinks and pizzas the meetup kick-off with David presenting his 6 tips for 2018.
The Social Media Stats Don’t Lie
- The Average CTR for Facebook Ads Is 0.9% But 93% Of Marketers Use Facebook Ads
- Organic Reach For Branded Facebook Pages Is Now Less Than 2%
- The average clickthrough rate in AdWords across all industries is 1.91% for search and 0.35% for display ads. (WordStream, 2016)
- When it comes to paid social media ads, the overwhelming majority use Facebook ads (84%), followed by Google ads (41%) and LinkedIn ads (18%). (Social Media Examiner, 2015)
- Adblocking has cost publishers nearly $22 billion in 2015 alone
- 419 million people worldwide have installed an ad blocker on their smartphone.
The highlight of Presentation
Before Spending Advertising Dollars
- Understanding The New Age Of PR
- Create Your New Age PR List & Distribution Strategy
- Create Shareable and Linkable Assets
- Measure & Analyse
- Have A Call To Action & Conversion Point
- Leverage New Social Tools Early To Increase Organic Reach & Publish At The Optimum Time
Now You’re Ready For Paid
Tip #1: Your Offer Will Make or Break Your Campaign
Tip #2: Track Sales, Not Vanity Metrics.
Tip #3: Assume Nothing, Test Everything
Tip #4: No Spaghetti At The Wall Approach. Make Your Ads Perfectly Optimised
Tip #5: Choose Your Channel Wisely Based On Persona Research, Engagement & Previous Success
Full Presentation Slide Deck
Photos of Meetup @ The Pineapple Hotel